About Us

OUR HISTORY
Our congregation was founded in the year 1919. The congregation was organized as St. Paul's Lutheran Church, a mission congregation of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod. In 1978 the congregation voted to dissolve its ties with that Synod, and became a part of the American Lutheran Church. At the beginning of 1988, the congregation voted to join the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We are a part of the ELCA's Northeastern Minnesota Synod. In 1994 we were able to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the congregation.

OUR PURPOSE
As a congregation is centered upon the person of Jesus Christ our Lord, Head of the Church and of this congregation. As members of Christ's Church, we seek to be His disciples as we serve each other, members of our community, and His Church throughout the world. Sunday Worship 9:00 a.m.

MUSIC

Is provided by our organist, choir and choir director, as well as the musicians who help lead contemporary worship. Choir sings at most worship services. Practice sessions are held Wednesday evenings @ 4:00 p.m. April through December.

FOR YOUR PERSONAL GROWTH . . .
In addition to the contributions made by the congregation to the benevolence work of the ELCA, we contribute to a number of other outreach efforts, such as:
Bible Camp, Walker, Hackensack, Pine River Area Food Shelf's, Cass County Jail Fellowship, the work of the Children's Task Force, Morning Out, Vacation Bible School, and other ministries. Quilters meet Mondays at 9:00 a.m., September through May. Quilts are donated to organizations for distribution or to individuals in need.





Mission Statement: Proclaiming and serving Christ in the heartland and beyond
Sundays @ 9:00 a.m.

220 Third Street, P. O. Box 307 Hackensack, Minnesota 56452 USA
Church Office Email
218-675-6335    218-675-5498 (fax)